Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sleep is important!!!

Had to get up really early today because I had put in a request to fight a speeding ticket 2 years ago and finally got a court date. Something must have gotten messed up because it was so old the police didn't even have the record of the exact account. The judge gave them a 2 week continuation and if they still can't come up with the case I get off. YAY!!

I usually don't get up this early and I don't really feel like I can take a nap, but am feeling lazy and lethargic today. Hopefully I can get in some good workouts, but it's really important to get proper sleep for a weight loss program.

It's been shown that being sleep deprived lowers your energy for exercise and activity. It also makes you more hungery as your trying to get more energy in the form of sugar to replace your lost sleep. I am going to try to start getting to bed earlier and then getting up early won't disturb my sleep. For me it also seems that the more hours I have awake the more oportunities I have to eat, so sleeping 8-10 hours a day is better than 6 for the one fact that it gives me more hours to eat or think about food.

No comments:

Post a Comment