Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Goals

My goal is to get down to 175lbs at 9% or less body fat. This gives me a slightly overweight BMI, but with a low body fat I should be pretty ripped so I'll look good even if the doc will tell me I gotta lose a few lbs.

At a current weight of 230lbs and fat percent of 30% I have 69lbs of fat weighing me down. To be 9% at 175 I need that number to go down to 16lbs. This means that I need to lose fat only and maintain just about all my lean body mass to achieve my goal. That is why I am going to be including a good amount of weight training into my routine as well as aerobics and going with a low glycemic low fat diet with plenty of lean protein and veggies to give me fuel.

I am interested in using supplements to improve my results. I'm not sure which ones to use yet though, many of the thermogenic supplements have come under attack for causing various issues such as heart problems and kidney failure. Creatine which helps increase energy for weightlifting has been used for many years without bad side effects. Looking at CLA a natural fat that helps burn fat.

I'm also going to be using an app called loseit on my iphone that can help me track my food calories and exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment