Friday, June 18, 2010

Cravings and Temptations

It's only been a couple of days and already I am having the internal battle to resist overeating and fattening foods. My wife made cookies today for my sons last day of preschool. I have to admit I had one(100 cal), but stopped there. Also went to home depot and I love the hotdog stand they have out front, it's been closed for the colder months and is now open serving tasty sausages wrapped in greasy grilled buns. My wife and son got a hotdog and chips, I went without having already had a healthy lunch of brown rice pasta w/chicken & veggie sauce(500 cal).

An important realization for me was that I need to stick to my meals and not snack inbetween. Many healthy diets recomend 5 to 6 small meals a day, but at 1500 calorie limit each day that leaves each meal being about 300 calories.. that's not a meal and makes me feel unsatisfied.. So I am breaking it up into a more traditional 3 meals 400-500 cal meals a day with the allowance for one snack(100-200 cal) if I am feeling hungery or low blood sugar. This should keep me in line with a daily intake between 1200-1700 a day.

I think it's important to make a line in the sand and try to stick to it. Once you allow little transgressions you start to slide down a slippery slope.

No comments:

Post a Comment